Advancing Okyeame: Advancing My Life Too

 

It started on the 22nd June when I saw the congratulations message from the team. It has been amazing joining this program. 

For the last few weeks, we have met online. I knew a few of them already, and it has been enjoyable to meet the new people and build the connection plus the discussions, the work and the team.


Got lost while walking to LOATAD






                                              Image from LOATAD


You remember how I wrote about how I met the Algerian team and how it was such a community? This is way better than I imagined. Meeting Agyakomah, Moshood, Anthony, Alex, Elizabeth, Amodani, Lovia – and Sean (you figured I did it right๐Ÿ˜‰) has been one of those experiences I will keep thinking about.

  

                                                       Ama Asantewa Diaka (left) and Kinna (right). I love right image

The last three days have been intense. I got to meet Kobby Graham, Ama Asantewa Diaka, Kinna  (FYI: Ama Ata Aidoo’s daughter,) and Pure Akan. I really do not want to get into the main work because what I learnt is for my consumption. To be honest, I have come to the realization of a lot of things, which I may not tell you.

 

Kobby and his presentation on DUST Magazine

Next week is gonna be a busy week but I will drown myself in memories. I have to rewrite my thesis chapter one because it does not communicate, find papers, schedule myself for seminar presentation and attend an interview with an Education professor. It is so not easy, but I will find my feet.

For the past three days, we have been in LOATAD, and we went to Volta Bistro on Saturday. I have a lot of stories to tell about the things which happened to me. Lovia said I should write a trilogy out of it. Gal, I better do.

The food we ate was a lot and quite loaded. I remember eating three to four times on the first day from one meal, and I still had the rest of my food from Saturday, which I microwaved on Sunday morning before leaving.

Did a screening on Saturday

Anyways, I am happy to have met these wonderful people. Also guys, I got 3k views for the first time on my Snapchat (yaay!!!๐Ÿ’ƒ).

As I leave, I have made a few promises to myself, and one will be done soon enough. It starts on the day I get to campus and pass by the bookstores I was recommended, hoping I will find cheap books.

I would say, if you see an open call next year for the programme, please apply and be of your best behaviour because Moshood and Lovia are such lovely people. You have no biggies with them. Just communicate and they’ll understand.

The place I slept in

The snacks I had. I ate more than these....

The snack shop


Volta Bistro art stuff


From LOATAD

Comments

Popular Posts